From afar this river looks little more than a mountain stream, alas, it has one of the steep descent on a paddle-able river in Nepal. The water flows turmbles down from the Tibetan high plains which is found only about three hours drive from Kathmandu. The river is fun for beginnner as well as for experiences with some wild rapids of 3+ grade when its just after moonsoon and section of 2 to 3 rapids could be enjoyed on other season.
Included: Meals: 1 lunch
Transport: Local transfer from Kathmandu to rafting starting point and back
English speaking tour guide: Rafting crew according to itinerary
Others: Life jackets, helmets Not included: · Guest’s personal expenses (such as laundry, phone calls, cigarettes, bar bills/soft drinks /mineral water, extra snacks on the way etc)
· Comprehensive travel insurance that covers emergency evacuation standard cover like trip cancellation, lost baggage etc.
· Any unforeseen expenses due to delays or diversions due to events outside the operators control, for example landslides or strikes
All other expenses not stated as included in the above
· Experience one of steepest decent river of Nepal
· Suitable for time conscious- only 3 hours outside of Kathmandu
· Good for beginners as well as for experience
Day 1: River Rafting
We take a three hour journey out of Kathmandu toward Tibetan boarder. The spectacular drive through villages, terraces and river takes us to the put in point of Dam. After safety instruction start paddling down some section of 3 grade rapid as well as some flat section good for swiming and end the trip near skute and drive back to Kathmandu.
· Beautiful sceneries
This tour is not recommended for: children below 15 years
Nepal offers the river from mild to the wildest. River becomes wild in the monsson season which is june to august. White water rafting are consider to be the best after the monsson in October but still some of the river are too wild even in October. March-April are also consider good for rafting while snows start melting in the Himalaya.